The list of reasons travelers rank Charleston as one of the top destinations in the country is quite extensive. Comfortable year-round weather, Southern hospitality, amazing history, and one of the most dynamic culinary scenes in the country. Just to name a few.
In addition to helping you explore the city’s most popular activities and attractions, our concierge team can arrange one-of-a-kind experiences—ones that guests typically would not find on their own. We asked our team to share a list of their favorite gems that they’ve planned for guests through the years.
1. A private walking tour of Charleston’s exclusive gardens in the historic district, by native author and expert, Louisa Pringle Cameron.
2. A tee time at either the Seabrook Island or Daniel Island Clubs, both which are closed to the public.
3. A private “behind-the-scenes” carriage ride at Middleton Place Plantation (reservations are not normally accepted).
4. A charter of the sailing yacht, The Fate, which is a privately owned 49-foot Beneteau that sleeps up to six people.
5. A private driving tour of “Little Jerusalem” by the past president, Ken Goodman, of Temple Beth Elohim, the oldest reform synagogue in the world.
6. An exclusive “behind-the-scenes” tour of the Calhoun Mansion.
7. Private tours of artists’ studios as well as introductions to the artists themselves.
8. A private historic district tour via bicycle with native authority Harlan Green—author of six books on Charleston history.
9. A morning or afternoon of horseback riding along the beach at Seabrook Island.
10. A private flying tour, either by Cessna or helicopter.
11. For a special occasion, a private dinner in a historic home with a famous local chef.
Have you enjoyed any of these hidden gems? What others would you recommend to locals or visitors? We would love to hear your thoughts!